[3830] Rus DX K5NA SO CW HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 22 09:22:53 PDT 2010

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: K5NA
Operator(s): K5NA
Station: K5NA

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Texas

  160:    4               3
   80:    8               5
   40:   49              28         4
   20:  155              66        37
   15:  118              56        13
   10:   23              11
Total:  357     0       169        54  Total Score = 411,435

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I started the contest wanting to be serious. However a line of thunderstorms
arrived here just 5 minutes after the start of the contest. So I had to
shutdown and remove all the antenna coaxes.

After waiting an hour to get back on, I made a few QSOs for a few minutes and
then a second line of thunderstorms arrived. Once again I shut off and
disconnect everything.

The forecast was for storms most of the day and I decided then not to do the
contest seriously. I would, instead, spend much of my time watching the college
basketball national championship tournment.

But I did manage about 12 hours of operating, mostly searching and pouncing and
a little CQ running.

Maybe next year I will do a serious effort in better weather.

73, Richard - K5NA