[3830] Rus DX K5GO M/2 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 22 10:56:32 PDT 2010

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: K5GO
Operator(s): K0RO, K5GO, KM5G, N0IRM, N0IRN, N5DX, N5RR
Station: K5GO

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: ARKANSAS

  160:    11     0        9         0
   80:   189     6       47        10
   40:   581    96       71        55
   20:   594   467       79        69
   15:   376   134       70        27
   10:    15    28       19         0
Total:  1766   731      295       161  Total Score = 6,238,992

This is a great contest!  Lots of activity.  Conditions were pretty good and we
managed to work a couple of Europeans for the first time in a long time on 10
meters.  Had a couple of VU stations call on 15M which was nice to hear.
Unfortunately we had ice and snow that accumulated on the antennas causing the
SWR to go really high on the Yagi antennas.  This all started in the early
morning hours on Sunday and by the end of the day we had about a foot of snow
on the mountain.  Unusual weather in Spring. Resonant frequency according to
the analyzer was 13.500 on the 20M antennas. Managed to work only a few
stations on 20M just before the contest ended running really low power.  Thanks
to N0IRM and NOIRN for working a few hours of Phone.

The logs will be loaded to LOTW in a week or two.

73...Stan, K5GO

www.k5go.com