[3830] ARRLDX CW K9UIY SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Mar 23 13:19:25 PDT 2010

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K9UIY
Operator(s): K9UIY
Station: K9UIY

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IL

  160:    0     0
Total:  627   249  Total Score = 468,369

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

FT-1000 MP @ 100 W
80M inverted L with 45 radials
40M vertical with 77 radials
10-15-20M monoband verticals each with 30 radials

Amazing conditions from here in the W9 Black Hole on all bands!  15 was wall to
wall even above 21100 at times.  10 was spotty at best and only good to SA and
Caribbean.  20 was it's normal self with outstanding signals from everywhere.
40 was excellent as was 80.  Great satisfaction in my efforts, although a
Christmas week ice and high wind storm demolished my 160M antenna and our wx
didn't allow me to replace/repair it in time.  As always a great time in this
contest...thanks for digging my signals out of the noise.  CU next year !  73
de Vic  K9UIY