[3830] BARTG KG4IGC SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Mar 24 15:13:18 PDT 2010

                    BARTG HF RTTY Contest

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Summerville, SC

   80:   19       4          8
   40:   54      12         12
   20:   69      21         14
   15:   18      11          5
   10:    2       2          1
-----------------------------------
Total:  162      50         40  Continents = 6  Total Score = 87,480

Club: Low Country Contest Club

Comments:

Had a really good time working this contest, despite my lack of antennas in the
farm. I still have not been able to get things cleaned up and repaired from the
recent snow storm earlier this year. Unfortunately, I have a fracture in my
right foot that requires surgury, and been out of work for about a month so I
do not have the means at this time to get things back in order.

I have spent some time working on a QRP setup which includes a homebrew 40
meter CW rig in an altoids box and a very nice antenna setup on a tripod for a
camera. The antennas that I used, which were set up on the tripod with 16 ten
foot radials attached to a bracket that I constucted was AA4TB's (Tommy) old
mobile Hustler antennas. I have to say, they performed extremely well, and I
really liked te ease of the setup. I will be posting some pictures on my
website www.freewebs.com/kg4igc of how I had the antennas set up durring the
contest for those who are interested.

 Did not run into any club members durring the contest, but I might have missed
you guys as I had a lot of down time.
I have surgury next week, so I am hoping to get a temporary station set up in
the living room to allow me to stay on the air during the next two months.
Unfortunetely, I will not be able to get around very well and I will be
confined to a limited area of the house until my foot heals. Best wishes to
all, hope to see you in the next contest!

Cheers and 73,
Frank KG4IGC