[3830] WPX SSB WU3A(W3UA) SOAB(A) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 28 17:22:13 PDT 2010

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: WU3A
Operator(s): W3UA
Station: W3UA

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs):

   20: 1474

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Since the hurricane destroyed my low band antennas and all beverages, I was
limited to 40 meters and up (a few Qs on 80 were made with my old backup
sloper) -- which definitely hurt QSO point values... Due to dry weather, noise
was up to S9+10, and without a backup antenna for 40 (my 40 meter 4SQ was
destroyed, along with 80 and 160), I had hard time listening on 40, too.
Anyway, sunspots are back, and even with all this loss of antennas, I finished
better than last year, although just a notch above. Hope to finish repairs
before WPX CW...