[3830] WPX SSB KT8K SOAB QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 28 17:35:36 PDT 2010

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KT8K
Operator(s): KT8K
Station: KT8K

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: EN82cg Ann Arbor, MI
Operating Time (hrs): 24:49

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Rig: TT Orion (5 Watts)
Antennas: 20/40/80 fan vee @ 55 ft, 550+ ft horiz loop at 20-70 ft in trees

QRM was so nasty on 20m that, without a beam, I just couldn't make myself
heard.  Fortunately 15m was great and 40m was good, and I learned some new
tricks and totally smashed my personal bests.

It was amusing to hear the sleep-drunk ops in the wee hours, and I heard a
bunch while trying not to be one of them.  This time I only burned out a few
times, but mostly stuck to it except for some off time to take care of non-ham
stuff.  Also there was a lot less jamming than during the DX tests (but still
some).

It's all over, even the shouting, but the story-telling and bragging will go on
and on.  Thanks to all for listening hard and asking for repeats.