[3830] WPX SSB VE1ZA SOSB20 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 28 18:07:12 PDT 2010

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: VE1ZA
Operator(s): VE1ZA
Station: VE1ZA

Class: SOSB20 LP
QTH: Halifax

Total:  985  Prefixes = 532  Total Score = 1,248,604

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Well, I did not plan to do this contest, but it was cold outside.  One hell of a
contest, I loved it, the conditions were just fantastic.

My 160/80/40m vertical came down in a storm in February, so I just wanted to
give a few points on 20m.  Well, once I started on 20m I could run and run so I
kept running.  I decided to only stay on 20m.  20M was fantastic and open all
day till at least 1AM in the morning.    Had some fantastic runs into the US
and even into europe.  I had no goal so after 250K points I kept going.  Once I
reached 500K, well I shot for 750k, and then 1m, and eventually 1.248M. And 985
Qs.  This is my best showing ever and the first 1m point contest! Wow--I never
thought I would reach that.  Conditions were so crowded I had to use the K6SE
pennant on rx for 20m to focus on EU!!

The sunspots are back!!!!

Thanks to VE9ML, & VY1EI for the canadian mults

Thanks

VE1ZA