[3830] WPX SSB KR5X(K1BX) SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 28 18:13:33 PDT 2010

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KR5X
Operator(s): K1BX
Station: K1BX

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NH

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Couldn't think of any reason not to operate this one, so I did. It was my first
full effort in a WPX test. I had seen a lot of info promoting the test (fancy
website, webinar, milk cartons, etc), so I hoped others would also give it a
try.

Its nice to get some sleep, but still hard to get up early!

Condx were very good especially 80m (and getting better). Lots of activity. I
worked several countries I never work in the DX tests. There are fewer big
stations on so us LP guys can work a bit more DX than in the DX tests. I
actually ran EU on 3650. But could not hold a frequency on 40m.

Wish CW was in 2 weeks not 2 months.

160 Inv L, 500' Bev
80 Inv Vee @ 70'
40 402-CD @ 50', Inv Vee