[3830] WPX SSB K1HI SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 28 18:18:08 PDT 2010

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: K1HI
Operator(s): K1HI
Station: K1HI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NH

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks Jerry K0TV for getting my amplifier out of the hospital.

I had some magic happen.  My south-pointing tribander lost the reflector in the
last wind-storm, so I knew it was out of commission.  The KT34XA needed the
feedline repaired, so I thought I'd be using it exclusively for the contest.
Early-on, I CQed on the south antenna and a JA came back!  WTF??  I then
compared the antennas with a California station - he said the south antenna was
LOUDER than the KT34XA!  I used the broken antenna for the rest of the contest
and got AMAZING signal reports!

And on 40M, the Yagi has been broken for a couple of years, so I used my HB
Battle Creek Trapper.  Same repoorts! and on 80 too!  There was nothing I could
do to make my signal suck!

Always good to see old friends and make new on the bands.