[3830] WPX SSB KL2R(N1TX) SOAB(A) LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 28 21:52:05 PDT 2010

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KL2R
Operator(s): N1TX
Station: KL2R

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: KL7
Operating Time (hrs): 21h49m

Some general comments:

I spent 95% of the time S&P.

I noticed on Saturday and Sunday, starting in the local afternoon, I had to
point north to work some folks in W3/W8/W9/W0.  Azimuths to US/VE are almost
all due east from my QTH.  I still do not understand that!

There seemed to be a lot of bogus spots with busted calls and incorrect
frequencies. If I didn't know better, I would swear some of these were
intentional.

I worked the Moroccans on 20 yesterday.  Saw CN2A spotted on 15 Sunday and
thought I would check, and they were loud as the W7s.  I worked the other guys,
too, a few minutes later.  It was well after sunset their time.  Hmmm...no EU on
15, though.

CHECK YOUR BANDWIDTH: Some of the bigger W6/W7 stations and others were 5+ kHz
wide.  I could see that on the band scope.  As they were ever-present, the
result was a lot of unnecessary QRM.

Sorry to miss some of my KL7 and VY1 colleagues, who were well spotted!

I didn't even try 160.  I went to bed early both nights, as I have been under
the weather lately.