[3830] WPX SSB WF3C(@N4UU) M/2 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 29 07:10:14 PDT 2010

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: WF3C
Operator(s): N4UU WW4B WF3C
Station: N4UU

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Chiefland, FL
Operating Time (hrs):

   20: 1409

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

A major thanks to N4UU and WW4B for joining me on this hastily-arranged
operation. A week  before the contest I was calling and emailing all over the
state when K1TO suggested calling Martin. Martin graciously agreed to host a
M/2 and strongarmed WW4B into operating as well. He must have told Glenn it was
a CW contest.

40m was tough sledding without a beam. 7128-7200 was totally, crushingly full
much of the time. Operating split or simplex above 7200 was a poor substitute.
20m was a mosh pit as well, but with the stack optimized for 20m we were a
little more equal to the task.

Local thunderstorms took us off the air on Sunday afternoon for a few hours,
and we left the station unmanned ~3 hours each night. With more ops to share
the load and cooperative weather, we might have done a real 48 hour effort.
Maybe next year.

TT Orion2 x2
TL922 & SB200 amps

10m: triband quad @ 40'
15m: triband quad @ 40'
20m: TH5/TH5 @ 96'/40', both rotatable
40m: phased verticals (sort of a half square) w/4 elevated radials per element
80m: full-size vertical w/4 elevated radials
160m: loaded vertical off the tower