[3830] WPX SSB KG0F(W0UA) SOSB20 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 29 12:39:11 PDT 2010

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KG0F
Operator(s): W0UA
Station: K0RF

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: CO

   20: 2341

So, who says phone contests aren't fun?  Wait, pretty much I do. Never mind...

K0RF station still set-up for M/M, Chuck & family leaving for Spring Break in
XE-land. How about a nice low-setup impact single-band 20?  Twenty Meter phone?
 Gasp! Chamber-of-horrors!

And for the most part it really was wall-to-wall splatter. But there was lots
of fun in that mess if you could find your way in!  Band was loooong both days,
Saturday better than Sunday. Intense EU opening Saturday, everything coming-in
from NE. EU easier to work than Stateside, whole USA in skip-zone most of day.
Over the top to UA9 / VU both evenings, broke my VU-jinx X 6. Long-path VK's
both days.  LOTS of VE's on, never heard so many VE6's and VE3's, all good ops,
too.  Worked some cool DX, but the best had to be ET3AA answering my Sunday
afternoon CQ.  Not to forget W3FF bicycle mobile!

OK, thanks for the QSO's, hope I was a multiplier for everyone & I'm going back
to CW now (where nobody says "88" to me after the QSO!)...

Geo  W0UA