[3830] WPX SSB L21D(LU9ESD) SOAB(TS) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 29 19:05:35 PDT 2010

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: L21D
Operator(s): LU9ESD
Station: L21D

Class: SOAB(TS) HP
QTH: Bahia Blanca

   15: 1055

Club: LU Contest Group

Comments:

Yaesu FT-920
3 ele. TB @ 36 mtr. and 6 ele. TB @ 11 mtr.
Sloopers for 40 and 80.
Dipole for 160
Power: 500/600 Watts from a Cubic 1500ZA.

First time SO on WPX... Funny Contest!!
Strange conditions on 20... Signals are strong from NA, but weak from EU.

40 meters are good, but imposible to find a clear freq. With slooper and 500 W
was so difficult...

15 Meter was awesome... all day... big signals...

Good moments on 10...

The previous day I test the tribander and high tower and the noise was strong!
S3-S4 on each band... We decided to put a 6 elements on a little telescopic
tower @11 mtr above the ground... This one work MUCH better for Europe and
Asia/Pacific...
The higger antenna work better to North America.

Now I decide to put a 4 elements tribander like a KT-34 on a high tower... the
6 element are really big to this windy area...

I have really fun, thanks a lot to put the antennas to this "increased" south
america in the last times...

Manu LU9ESD.
LU Contest Group

L21D: Antenna Farm of Bahia Blanca DX Group.