[3830] WPX SSB VK3DXI/6 SOSB10 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Mar 30 09:47:11 PDT 2010

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: VK3DXI/6
Operator(s): VK3DXI
Station: VK3DXI

Class: SOSB10 HP
QTH: Nr Perth
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

I have decided to go mono band this year as I did not want to spend full 36h
in this contest.
I decided to go "easy".

I looked at 160m as a prime band. :-)
No one ever operated 160m only,  in WPX SSB contest before
I knew it could get very boring and I did not expect much activity there at
all.
I  thought it would be nice to operate some other bands during "non peak
hours" .

Contest rules say:
 "A different call sign must be used for each entry".

 I decided to activate my other VK calls as well.
I am sure a few people got confused due to the similarity of my calls, hi.

My results are as follows:

160m HP VK2DXI/6  10 QSO 15 points Pfx 4 Total 60 points

80m HP VK6DXI 40 QSO 149 points 31 Pfx Total score 4619

10m HP VK3DXI/6  178 QSO 526 points 133 Pfx 69,958

I have done some activity on other bands under VK3DXI/6 (run out of
callsigns) but this log will be only as a check log.

It was confusing at  times for me as I had to watch which call I was using
on which band.
A small slip up occurred.  When I heard first USA station on SSB on 160m
and I called him as a VK6DXI, not VK2DXI/6.
I was so excited to hear and work USA SSB on 160m for the first time ever
from VK6, that I forgot which of my calls I should use.
I realized my mistake only later on.
He will get points and I will send VK6DXI 160m contact only as a check log.

Well it was a contest with a difference for me and fun.
160 and 80m bands can be frustrating from VK6 but at the same time
challenging.

Some great signals were recorded on 160 and 80m during this test and I will
post some of them on u-tube. You can check this in few days time.

73 and cu in the contest
Mirek
VK2DXI  VK3DXI  VK6DXI