[3830] WPX SSB E7/S56AA SOAB(R) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Mar 30 14:41:34 PDT 2010

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: E7/S56AA
Operator(s): S56AA
Station: E7/S56AA

Class: SOAB(R) HP
QTH: Ljeb, Bosnia

Club: Slovenia Contest Club

RIG: IC 775DSP,AL-1500;
ANT: 40/20/15/10 L-dipol at 5 meters,
     horizontal delta loop for 80 at 6 meters - also used on 160.

My father, S56M promised me, that during our visit to my grand parents in
Bosnia, we will try to do couple of QSO's, like M/S or something. Well, the
best choice than was my work as AB/ROOKIE, after my father receded on
hospitality of relatives and, of course, specialties of my grandmother's
kitchen.

What to say... Crowded bands, big QRN due to 110 kV transmission line, which
runs just 50 meters from the grandfathers house, and more noise because of
vertical polarization of dipoles (comforting the father). Therefore, and due to
inexperience, sorry to everyone, I did not know and I couldn't recieve their
callsigns and messages.
And yet, combination E7/S56... was something very hard to copy (and send).

Thank you for your patience and to all friends, who called me.

73 de Vito, S56AA, 14 years