[3830] WPX SSB WR3Z(@N3OC) M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Mar 30 17:10:40 PDT 2010

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: WR3Z
Operator(s): WR3Z, W3IDT, W2CDO, N3OC
Station: N3OC

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MDC

   20: 1418

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks again to Brian N3OC for the use of his station for WPX.  With our
interpretation of the Multi-One category, we ran this contest using only 1
transmitter rather than using 2 radios and stopping a run to grab mults with a
second radio.  "One transmitter"?  "One transmitted signal permitted?"

Like many others, we were very pleased with our effort overall and loved the
openings we could take advantage of on 15M.  Agree that 40M is now a real zoo
with simplex a rarity, so grabbing a frequency early AND HOLDING IT is even
more important now.  Just like 20M.  Fortunately, at N3OC we get out very well
on 20 and 40.  On Saturday (whether good strategy or not) we ran on 21431 for
4.5 hours and 14165 for nearly 7 hours.  On Sunday it was 7198 for 2.5 hours
and 14160 for 3 hours.

Biggest thrill for me was Saturday evening in the 00 hour having 3 E21/HS and
BA come back during our Asia run, all with S7-S9+ signals.

Congrats to all with the huge scores both in the US and abroad.  Should be on
again for WPX CW in May.

73,
Barry WR3Z