[3830] WPX SSB WM5R SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Mar 30 19:32:48 PDT 2010

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: WM5R
Operator(s): WM5R
Station: WM5R

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Wise County, TX
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I couldn't find a station to do a serious guest-op from, so I
spent the weekend at an orienteering meet in Wise County instead.
I took my Elecraft K2 and KAT100 with me, and operated some from
the hotel using a 20' long random wire antenna.  15 meters worked a
lot better than 20 meters, and I couldn't get anyone on 40 meters
to hear me at all.  I never heard a station on 20 meters.  My best
DX was Hawaii, followed by the Galapagos Islands.  Only two
stations answered my CQs.  On Saturday night, conditions on 20
meters were awesome - I had solid copy on stations in Tomsk, Siberia
and Kazakhstan with my tiny wire, but of course they couldn't hear me.

                   160    80    40    20    15    10    ALL
                   ---    --    --    --    --    --    ---
  USA calls   =      0     0     0     4    19     0     23
  VE calls    =      0     0     0     1     3     0      4
  N.A. calls  =      0     0     0     0     1     0      1
  S.A. calls  =      0     0     0     1     1     0      2
  Euro calls  =      0     0     0     0     0     0      0
  Afrc calls  =      0     0     0     0     0     0      0
  Asia calls  =      0     0     0     0     0     0      0
  JA calls    =      0     0     0     0     0     0      0
  Ocen calls  =      0     0     0     0     1     0      1

  Total calls =      0     0     0     6    25     0     31