[3830] InQP N8XX Single Op QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 2 16:51:50 PDT 2010

                    Indiana QSO Party

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MICHIGAN

  160:    0     0
   80:   14     5
   40:    0     0
   20:    0     0
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
--------------------
Total:   14     5  CW Mults = 12  Ph Mults = 5  Total Score = 627

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Went to a hamfest in Cadillac, then to the QCWA (Olde Fogey's Club) banquet.
Got home about 3 p.m., had to assemble my antenna because the wind blew apart
the olde one.  Got on about 7 p.m., couldn't figure out N1MM idiosyncracies, so
send an e-mail to a couple reflectors, and logged by quill and papyrus.

Several FB Ops told me the quirks of N1MM, so I copied all the (few) Q's into
it, and took off contacting 7 land and 1 land on 20, and IN on 80/75.  The
antenna worked fine on 80 and 20, zilch on 40, but 40 wouldn't have worked into
Indiana anyway at this time of night (or so I figured, so I didn't work very
hard at fixing it in the dark.

QRN was bad, a storm was over northern Indiana, but many (most) of the stations
I called heard my 5 watts at least on the 2nd or 3rd time.

Thanks to the Hoosier DX and Contest Club for hosting this FB party.