[3830] InQP AK9F Multi-Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu May 6 19:03:05 PDT 2010

                    Indiana QSO Party

Call: AK9F
Operator(s): AK9F K9CS K9NR
Station: AK9F

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Perry
Operating Time (hrs): 11:25

  160:
   80:   53     82
   40:  215    168
   20:    9      6
--------------------
Total:  318    256  CW Mults = 100  Ph Mults = 56  Total Score = 138,050

Perry County - Multi-Op.
This was one of the most difficult contests
we've had from our Perry County farm.  We were
lucky to get all our antennas deployed before the
rain hit.  And what rain it was....we were on the
North end of the huge weather system that
hammered TN and KY.  We had nearly constant
tornado watches, flash flood warnings and
some torrential rainfalls....
We had many thunderstorms come through our
QTH and intense QRN but managed to maintain
fairly good rates.  80 meters was the most difficult
with the noise continually S-9 plus.  We understand
that many stations called us that we just could
not hear.  We operated almost the full 12 hours,
but got on just a bit late because of a computer
glitch.  Thanks to all who braved the noise and
worked us.