[3830] WPX CW KT8K SOAB QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 30 17:23:44 PDT 2010

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KT8K
Operator(s): KT8K
Station: KT8K

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: EN82cg Ann Arbor, MI
Operating Time (hrs): 17:27

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Terrible condx for me and my 5W + wires.  20 and 40m were mushy most of the
time.  Never heard so many stations that couldn't hear me.  Never got a good
opening to Eu when I was on, and could only work the big guns.  Heard Cyprus,
ZL, VR8, and XC each once, and no JA's at all.  Got so burned out that I built
a huge lazy H (45' h x 100' w, top at 60', centered ladder line-fed) during the
worst condx on Sat, but it was no better than my 550' horizontal loop.  The
20/40/80m dipole at 65' was best 90+% of the time, as usual.  (Anyone need a
big lazy H?)
Thanks to all who listened hard for my peanut whistle signal!  73 de kt8k - Tim