[3830] WPX CW KN4QD SOAB(TS) LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 30 17:29:26 PDT 2010

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KN4QD
Operator(s): KN4QD
Station: KN4QD

Class: SOAB(TS) LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Storms were the name of the game here, both atmospheric and geomagnetic.
Thunderstorms came through on all 3 days of the contest and forced me to
disconnect the antennas. On Saturday, I even suffered a power outage due to
severe weather.

The geomagnetic storm that occurred on Saturday really made conditions
difficult. The only EU I heard on Saturday were the really big guns. Thankfully
propagation was good North-South so I was able to work a number of stations in
South America which helped a bit. Conditions were very much improved by Sunday
evening as the contest was winding down. Hopefully conditions will improve for
next year. This was my best effort by far and WPX remains my favorite contest.

Kenwood TS-2000, Hexbeam at 5 meters, Carolina Windom at 15 meters. N1MM
Logger.