[3830] WPX CW W2EG SOSB40 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 30 17:48:28 PDT 2010

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: W2EG
Operator(s): W2EG
Station: W2EG

Class: SOSB40 LP
QTH: ENY
Operating Time (hrs): 21:48

Club: Hudson Valley Contesters & DXers

Comments:

"There is no joy in Mudville . . ."

I went in with the goals of beating my last year's 40M LP (unassisted) score of
~1.09M, and beating the US record of 1.010225M.

Unfortunately, on 40M, conditions went from only fair the first night to
decline steadily from there: lots of static crashes with rising K and A
indices. Though I had a few more Q's, I had fewer mults, and MANY fewer 6 point
Q's. Last year, I had some nice runs. It seemed like this year was grind it out.
My best hour was near the beginning, with a mere 67 Q's. Frustrating to hear
some EU stations Q4 approx 5 hours before my sunset, but have them unable to
hear me until ~3.5 hours later. And as usual, during the period around my
sunrise, I hear JA's, but cannot get them to hear me. Glad to be able to work
out to ZL, VK, FO, etc. On balance, fun; God willin' and the crick don't rise,
I'll be back again for more next year! Thanks for the Q's.

73,
-Rich, W2EG