[3830] WPX CW AB7E SOSB10(TS) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 30 18:45:17 PDT 2010

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: AB7E
Operator(s): AB7E
Station: AB7E

Class: SOSB10(TS) HP
QTH:

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Dumb idea on my part to try to avoid the effects of the solar storm by relying
on Sporadic E propagation on 10m.  Made a few contacts Friday night, but all
day Saturday the Es clouds just hung over the Atlantic a few hundred miles
offshore.  I'm guessing the East Coast and Caribbean stations had good fun,
though.  We had Es clouds for a couple of hours over the western U.S. on
Sunday, but by then it seemed like everyone had given up.  Strong signals but
not many of them.  Same with South America ... the ones coming in were huge,
but I got very few answers from down there to my CQ's.