[3830] WPX CW NQ7R SO(A)AB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 30 19:16:12 PDT 2010

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NQ7R
Operator(s): NQ7R
Station: NQ7R

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: AZ

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

It seems everyone else has commented on the poor propagation so that was a
given.  My K3 seemed to give me better results than my old Icom 746 but I still
need practice with it.  For some reason the old Alpha 76A gave me a bit of
trouble so I used the even older Hercules 444 so total output with either amp
was about 500 watts.
     I had one run of 25 minutes on 20m at an 89/hr rate but next best was on
40m at 64/hr for 45 minutes.  All other runs were short and about 40/hr to
50/hr.  A lot of S&P.  Definitely need to reconfigure the VE7CC output to show
state-side for these types of contests.
     Like Bob K8IA I was going to stop at 666 QSOs but I also wanted to break
the 400 K plateau.  Then had to stop for Grandson's B'Day party so I missed
Sunday afternoon.