[3830] WPX CW NR6O(@N6RO) M/M HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 30 19:44:56 PDT 2010

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NR6O
Operator(s): K3EST, K6AW, K6RC, N6BV, N6RO, WA6O
Station: N6RO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: CA

   20: 1125

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Despite high band condx, it was a fun weekend with 'old' friends manning the
station. Some were part-time or recovering from health issues, but we hung in
there.

Most disappointing was the lack of EU on all but 20m, and only about 100 there,
so our mult total sucked. JA activity on low bands was good (15 JAs on 160).
Overall 4% EU, 20% Asia, 74% NA.... Highlite for me was 10m  open for 50 Qs on
Friday night, and 200+ stateside on Sunday, mostly in our morning.  But no sign
of EU, AF, OC (except KH6) or AS on 10m.

Best part of the weekend was jamming some Bluegrass/country music with
K6RC(fiddle and mandolin) and N6RO (banjo and guitar)after the contest.

Stuff:
Four stations with five K3s (one station was SO2R so we could do 80/160m with
one op.)
Yagi stacks on 40 thru 10m, 2L loops on 80m, 4 Square on 160m. Win-Test,
VE7CC.

Go NCCC!