[3830] WPX CW N4PSE SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon May 31 03:39:18 PDT 2010

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: N4PSE
Operator(s): N4PSE
Station: N4PSE

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: SFL

Played golf twice during contest. Not sure which was  worse;  my game or band
conditions! But my score is better than 2009 with less time in chair.

Never got any EU runs going until late Sunday. New rig and roof mounted
Butternut seemed to make Cq'n  more successful on 40 vs. my wire antenna. Band
scope on the new ProIII was very helpful in finding a spot to camp out.

The nice thing about WPX is you can turn it into whatever you want depending on
band conditions. Lots of US contacts this year, with lower point accumulations,
but still enough to keep me interested. Getting too old to stay up very late
contesting, but my part time efforts are still a lot of fun.

Rig: Icom PRO III - 100 watts; 80 M OCF dipole, Butternut HF-6 -10 ft up and
TA-32Jr at 28ft.

CU next year! Jim