[3830] WPX CW EI2CN SOSB20 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon May 31 05:29:02 PDT 2010

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: EI2CN
Operator(s): EI2CN
Station: EI2CN

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: Ireland

   20: 1564

Saturday was poor on 20M during the day (07:00 to 18:00 Z) with little of Asia
getting through, only one JA and very little NA/SA.   Saturday night though
(20:00 till till about 24:00) was a bit like 160M on a good night, the band was
in and out seldom with really good signals.   Sunday during the day (06:00 till
18:00) was better for Asia but never average with only a handful of JAs being
worked and it was poor to the States.   Sunday evening was worse here for NA
than it was on Saturday night and the Q rates were more akin to 160M in rate
with the signals being no stronger that those on top band last Autumn.
Conditions were down from last year.

Thanks to everyone for their patience and participation as even though
conditions were not great it was great fun.   It continues to distress me that
so many people from advanced countries have signals modulated by AC and I fear
that I am including EU member states in this number.   There is no excuse and
is done intentionally to gain attention.   Well they should be disqualified.
Key clicks also continue to be a problem, I suppose they are used to keep
adjacent stations away.   I have heard of some contest group stations which use
a second amplifier connected to a second beam pointed in the opposite direction
too keep others off the frequency.  Humanity can be a rum lot and we have too
many poor sportsmen in our midst.  The majority of participants though are fine
operators and could teach me a few lessons.

K3 is now in contest position with OII on side.
Micro Keyer II
Acom 1000
4 element SteppIR at 80 feet
WinTest