[3830] WPX CW NN4US(N5WR) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon May 31 08:44:17 PDT 2010

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NN4US
Operator(s): N5WR
Station: K4BP

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: TN

   20: 1060

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

The contest got off to a good start with a nice 20m run to EU. I switched to 40
at about 04z and spent the next 3 hours on 40 and 80. Went to bed at 3:30am
local time and slept 3 hours. Got up in the morning and spent the first hour on
40 before trying 20. I kept waiting all morning for 20 to open to EU but it
never did. Most of Saturday afternoon was spent on 20 working mostly US/VE.
Went to 40 earlier on the second night and worked a good number of EU stations.
Probably stayed up too late working 80. Sunday morning was very slow going with
again no real opening to EU on 20. The pace picked up when 15 opened and even
10 briefly to make things interesting.

The station performed well. We had a few scattered thuderstorms on Sunday
morning which knocked the power off for about 5 minutes. Everything worked fine
when the power came back on. The 20m stack played well despite poor conditions.
I worked only 1 JA. Best DX was being called by J28. Probably could have
maximized my off times a little better. I finished with 5 hours left and 20 was
starting to open to EU, but I wanted to be done in time to be home for dinner.

Many thanks to Jeff K4BP for letting me operate his station this weekend, and
also thanks to Steve NA4K for helping set things up prior to the contest.
Thanks to everyone who called.

73, Erik N5WR