[3830] WPX CW KW6Q(@K6ZH) M/S LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon May 31 22:37:11 PDT 2010

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KW6Q
Operator(s): K6ZH, KW6Q
Station: K6ZH

Class: M/S LP
QTH: CA

Total: 1044  Prefixes = 445  Total Score = 906,465

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Joined up with my friend Lou, KW6Q, who had not been on the air in a contest for
over 20 years.  He diligently practiced CW and did fine as a partner in this
gig.

Condx on Saturday day were especially disappointing.  But we were on until
Saturday 1 a.m. (local) on 20 meters working JAs.  And then on Sunday morning 5
a.m. (local) we were on 40 (and briefly on 80) to work more Asia.  Both of those
runs were critical to making 1000 Qs!  Our goals were 1000 Qs (made that) and 1M
points (did not make that).  With some decent EU openings it would have been
possible, but except for working some of the "big guns" in EU on Fri. night
(local), there was no joy with Qs there.

Radio:  IC-746, 100 watts, connected to a Compaq laptop running N1MM Logger
Antennas:  4-el SteppIR for 10-15-20; 40-2CD for 40, inverted vee for 80

73 - Jim, K6ZH and Lou, KW6Q