[3830] CQWW SSB EY8MM SOSB/80 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 1 05:41:13 PDT 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: EY8MM
Operator(s): EY8MM
Station: EY8MM

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: MM48JN

   80: 1138    26       97
Total: 1138    26       97  Total Score = 375,642

Club: ATCC

Comments:

Till beginning of the contest was not sure if I should operate 160 or 80.
Several equipment and antenna failures kept me busy till few hours before
contest start.

Activity was good as usual.

First time I was not been able to work a single US station from East Coast.
Only K1LZ was heard but signal was very weak and I was not able to understand
his RX freq. My only QSO USA was Bob W6RJ via LP.

Highlight of the contest is being called by many good multipliers including two
band New Ones. PJ4X and PJ2T teams found my signal on the noisy band and made me
really happy. I spent so many hours after Oct 10 trying to work them on 80 with
no luck. Now I was rewarded. I hope guys will do the same in WW CW. I plan to
be on 160 meters. :)

My two sons (EY8DD and EY8CC) compete each other on 15 m Low power. It was a
great fun to follow the battle so I didn't have too much time to sleep during
the daytime. Younger Zaur EY8CC won by some margin. Zamir EY8DD spent full day
in University on Sunday so his operating time is 7 hours less.

Zaur EY8CC operated from country QTH with temp. installed 6 el. monobander.
Zamir EY8DD stayed home and used C31XR.

It was a great pleasure to host Yuri EY8/UA4LCQ.

My setup for 80 meters.

IC775DSP + 1.5 KW
Bi-Square @ 55 m North-South
Bi-Square @ 55 m East-West