[3830] CQWW SSB N5DX(@K5GO) M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 1 07:29:14 PDT 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N5DX
Operator(s): K0LYN, K0NI, K5GO, K5LG, K5UZ, KD0HY, N5DX, W5ZN
Station: K5GO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: ARKANSAS

  160:   60    14       35
   80:  159    28       79
   40:  737    36      114
   20: 1199    36      130
   15: 1248    34      129
   10:   64    15       32

This was our first time to work any contest in the MS category and it was a lot
of fun.  A fun category with a LOT less stress than preparing for a M/M effort.
 Something that makes you want to say hmmmm...

The highlight of the contest for me was sitting down at the second station at
the run position on Sunday morning after being up all night on the low bands
and, while bemoaning the fact that we could not get B7P's attention on 80M,
hearing K0NI say that he and K0LYN had just worked B7P on 10M.  I said no way,
Jeff handed me the headphones and sure enough the band was wide open long path
to Asia.  There was no volume of stations but VR2, B7P, AH0 and others begging
for contacts - all about S8 on the meter.  I think 10M is going to be a lot of
fun starting next year.

We had two operators who had never been to the station before (K0LYN and W5ZN)
and look forward to having them many times in the future.

Everyone had a good time, and we look forward to working the CW portion next
month.

73...Stan, K5GO