[3830] CQWW SSB LZ9W M/M HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 1 07:41:08 PDT 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: LZ9W
Operator(s): LZ1ZD,LZ1ANA,LZ1FG,LZ1PM,LZ1UQ,LZ1ZF,LZ1PJ,LZ2HQ,LZ2CJ,LZ1UZ,LZ2PO,LZ2UU,LZ2TU,LZ2GL,LZ2HM,LZ3FM,LZ3UM
Station: LZ9W

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Breznik

  160:   670    10       66
   80:  1567    20       94
   40:  2373    36      128
   20:  2896    40      141
   15:  2397    37      142
   10:   318    26       82
-------------------------------

Club: LZ CONTEST TEAM

Comments:

This was semi-serious operation with mostly between 6 and 8 ops operating at a
time. Rest of the team was heavily involved in errecting our new 3 el.
WA3FET/NW3Z type yagi for 80 m band during the days preceeding the contest and
also during the time of the contest. We had to stop several times the operation
to allow measurements of the yagi elements to be done. After a very hard work
from the side of most team members and especially of our heroes - Assen LZ2HQ
and Ivan LZ1PM who stood at the height of 33m both weekend days for "endless"
hours,finally in a complete darkness, at the height of 33 m two wire elements
were installed and measured and antenna was ready for testing at 22.00 Z on
Sunday night ( midnight local Bulgarian time !!! ) For the last 4 hours we made
213 QSOs on 80m out of all 1567 made. We started hearing and working stations we
never heard before on 80m band. We did not know that so many PAs, ONs, OZs and
Gs are active on 80m :-)). Yagi is between 15 and 20 db better than a single
QUAD element we used for first 44 hours of the contest. Some refining is needed
for CW part of CQWW, but that will be now the easy part to be done. :-).

Due to some technical problems I was forced to transmit and receive on 160m
with our 40m high Inv.Vee only. This could have ruined our top band score
completely, if there was not my new TS590S radio I received on Thursday from
US. TS590S did an excellent job in a very noisy top band conditions
outperforming most of the time the second rig installed at our 160m position -
TS950SD.

Overall, although ten meters band was in very bad shape this year we succeeded
to make a score close to one we made last year. ( we had 1040 QSOs on 10m last
year )

See you all in CW part.

73, de Wally LZ2CJ
on behalf of LZ9W M/M Contest Team