[3830] CQWW SSB W4NC M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 1 09:26:32 PDT 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W4NC
Operator(s): WK4CW, WS4NC, W2DZO, KJ4VGT, N0KTY
Station: W4NC

Class: M/S HP
QTH: nc

  160:   29     4       12
   80:   52    14       33
   40:  121    23       66
   20:  339    31       94
   15:  442    31      107
   10:   25     5        9

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Had a great time in the annual classic- operated from the Red Cross chapter
house station at W4NC- lost the 40m yagi saturday night when coax came loose
from tower and pulled balun off- front end of one of the ft920s zapped in a
"misfire of operator usage of unknown origin."
New RX loop seemed to do well from very noisy urban environment (Red Cross
blood coolers)- We welcome 14 year old Jacob KJ4VGT to our contesting fold- he
was in the hot seat on Sunday afternoon-