[3830] CQWW SSB W6YX M/2 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 1 09:56:55 PDT 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): K6YRU N6CCH N7MH K2YY ND2Y W6NEV N6EWS AA6XV K6JK
Station: W6YX

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: STANFORD, CA

  160:   14     5        4
   80:  257    23       44
   40:  759    35       74
   20:  760    37      116
   15:  522    35      104
   10:   89    12       18

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was a training operation for some new members of the Northern California
Contest Club and a chance to shake some of the systems down for upcoming events
later this year.

Overall, it was a success, as our new operators got all the seat time they
wanted and received some valuable coaching and mentoring from our seasoned
operators, N7MH, AA6XV and N6CCH.

Most of our time was spent in S&P mode with a few runs where we could establish
a run frequency.  It is a challenge to the new operators to hold or dig out a
run frequency when QRM levels are so high from adjacent stations working the
event.  They did their best, learned a few things here and there, received some
valuable experience, received some great coaching and most of all had fun.

Antenna: C31XR [3el on 20m, 4el on 15m, 7el on 10m at 45'], 6el 15m at 65', 6el
20m at 65', 5el 20m at 30', 4el 40m at 65', 80m Inv-V at 45', 160m double-L at
65', beverages
Amp: Alpha 78
Radio: FT1000MP MkV and K3
Logging: WriteLog

Thanks for all the contacts and to the Stanford Radio Club for the use of their
well equipped station.