[3830] CQWW SSB AB1J SOSB/10 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 1 11:33:14 PDT 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SOSB/10 LP
QTH: Waltham, MA FN42
Operating Time (hrs):

   10:  22     4        8
------------------------------
Total:  22     4        8  Total Score = 756

Just goofin' around.  Had hopes for 10M but they were cruelly dashed.  Plus it
was a nice New England day for yard and garden end-of-season cleanup and church
activities took up some of the 10M opening on Sunday.  When 10 did open it was
just like the start of the contest - big pileups on the stronger stations.  I
found it expedient to go for the weaker ones.  Only worked the Caribbean and
South America.  Was reminded yet again why I seldom work phone contests, but I
will be there with more grit in the CW contest.

I did make one goal which was to get PJ2 on SSB, plus another band country for
my Challenge total.  That was good.

In any case, these big contests are exciting, even from the sidelines.  It
looks like I have weeks of reading from the 3830 reflector.  I wish the subject
headers indicated whether there are any comments or not.  It's the comments that
I find most interesting and I often get tips and insight into how the big guns
do it.  It's nice to know how the other half lives.

73 to all,
Kermit, AB1J