[3830] CQWW SSB KT4ZB SOAB(A) LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 1 12:41:02 PDT 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KT4ZB
Operator(s): KT4ZB
Station: KT4ZB

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Savannah, GA

  160:   16     4        9
   80:   71    13       33
   40:   61    14       32
   20:  304    26       91
   15:  363    30      103
   10:  111     9       22

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

First – Hats off to CQ magazine for sponsoring the contest and changing the
Single Op Assisted category to separate high power, low power and qrp.  Sure
makes it fun to operate low power assisted, as it’s so difficult to run on
low power.

Conditions were excellent in Savannah with a huge opening on 15m; 10m did not
develop to Europe here.  Only MI0M is in the log.  Still nice opening north to
south.

The DX was outstanding with contacts to C91, 5R8, FO8, A73, TA2, 6W, 9K2, 5B,
AH0, NH2, S79 to name a few.  The 103 countries on 15m was a DXCC band first
for the station.  Heard lots more but didn’t spend all day to try a break the
pile.  Nice to work VK and JA on 40m; but still don’t have an antenna for
Europe with low power. Sure to some big scores this year.

Almost all was S&P with a few short runs; clearing the band map kept me busy.
Did better than expected as was close to 1M points.  Shouldn’t have taken
those 20 minute breaks to check football, etc.

Thanks for all the Q's and to those stations who stayed with me to get the
exchange. See you next time – Jere

FT1000mp, TH6Dxx, wires and N1MM