[3830] CQWW SSB K5NA M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 1 13:05:40 PDT 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K5NA
Operator(s): K5NA,K5DU,K5WA,N3BB,WM5R,KI5DR
Station: K5NA

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Texas

  160:   70    15       42
   80:  277    32       96
   40:  370    36      105
   20:  501    37      133
   15: 1179    34      141
   10:  129    20       50

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

We had a great operating team and gave the contest a good effort. As usual, this
contest was a lot of fun.

10M showed a little life but not quite as much as we hoped. We only woirked one
European contact (GW9T). The big 10M surprise was Sunday morning when we worked
a couple of far east stations on the long path (VR2 and B7P). That's the first
time I've done that in many years.

We felt loud on 160M and 80M, but not so loud on 40M. I need to improve my 40M
antennas somehow.

20M was its usual, overcrowded band, but 15M was a blessing. There were big QSO
rates and great conditions on 15M both days.

Congratulations to K1LZ for an outstanding M/S score. They blew everyone else
away.

73, Richard - K5NA