[3830] CQWW SSB S56M(@S50G) SOSB/15 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 1 13:37:47 PDT 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: S56M
Operator(s): S56M
Station: S50G

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: Slivna, Slovenia

   15: 1212    35       91
Total: 1212    35       91  Total Score = 355,068

Club: Slovenia Contest Club

Comments:

Rig: FT 1000 MP MARK V + Ameritron AL-1500;
Ant: 6 el yagi, 15 meters high;
     4 el quad, 17 meters high.
Shot story:
After my sad-lucky fall from 30 meters high tower, together with 17-4
opti-beam, during the installation 14 days ago, I find out, that instead of
SO/AB operation, SO/21 Mhz may be the right solution for this year CQ WW SSB
contest. Waste:

Contest Saturday afternoon brought me some nice pile-ups and failure of 6 el
yagi rotor, which turned coax around the tower several times, and cut it it.
OK. I continued with work on 4 el quad on second tower...but! Strong night wind
literally took quad from the tower, luckly suspended on cables, and not on the
top of my Toyota. Since I am not yet strong enough to climb, that made me QRT.

However: Last weeks hard work gave me number of wonderful hours, some of them
this Saturday, of course.

Se you in CW work, perhaps from E7.

Thanks for company and 73
de Vito, S56M