[3830] CQWW SSB OM5M M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Nov 2 05:57:49 PDT 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OM5M
Operator(s): OM0AAG, OM4CX, OM4DW
Station: OM5M

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Bratislava

  160:  118     8       51
   80:  780    11       75
   40:  702    31      104
   20:  958    28       95
   15:  499    37      117
   10:   67    19       56

Hello everyone!
Our contest started about a half year ago when we had to rebuild all our
antennas because of a few windstorms that struck Bratislava. At last we managed
it all before the contest and full of hope we gathered in our radioclub on
Friday for the "big event". Although we expected a little more OPs we didn't
let this fact discourage us and seven minutes after midnight we successfully
started our first CQ on 40m. :)
The contest went on without bigger problems. Sometimes it was hard to overcome
our tiredness because we didn't get to sleep a lot, but we had supplies of
coffee prepared for this. :D
One hour before the end of the contest we were searching for some more
multipliers and we began our last CQ on 160m, when suddenly a huge blackout in
the whole area!! We have been waiting till the end for some electricity, but no
miracle has happened. No wonder in Slovakia during a holiday :D
So we opened some Champagne and toasted to our first contest in this formation
:))
We had a great time together and hereby we thank everyone for calling us in the
contest!! We hope to hear you soon on air!!

P.S.: I have never ate that much bread with cheese and salami in my life!! :D

Miska OM4CX