[3830] CQWW SSB V31DB M/2 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Nov 2 07:48:20 PDT 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: V31DB
Operator(s): V31DB (WQ7R), V31FF (K9IMM),V31LG (W9GL), V31SB (WH6H)
Station: V31DB

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: San Ignacio, Belize

  160:    0     0        0
   80:  373     9       36
   40: 1237    26       76
   20: 1399    25       70
   15: 2091    28       90
   10:  107     8       17

The usual Murphy glichs. We lost power, likely due to hurricane repairs for 4
hours. We also blew the second station rig about a day into the event so
finished with one station. Looks like we smoked the previous V31 M/2 record by
a factor of 2.5 or so.

It was a serious thrill to have about 40dB of "prefix gain". Astounding
pileups.