[3830] CQWW SSB K7RL M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Nov 2 08:58:36 PDT 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL, KL2A
Station: K7RL

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CI, WA

  160:   37    11       12
   80:  109    27       46
   40:  383    35       76
   20: 1076    38      129
   15:  700    32       95
   10:   47     9       18

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

I would like to thank Jon, KL2A, for driving ten hours roundtrip to come and
operate the contest in my first M/S from this location.  It was a treat to
share the operating duties with such a great op.

We had a few glitches at the beginning that got us off to a slow start.  My
160m antenna went down earlier this year, along with the two trees that
supported it.  After some discussion with Jon on how to remedy the situation,
he brought #30 wire and a couple of helium balloons from the local grocery
store.  Amazingly, that’s all we needed to get on the band again and make a
few Qs.  Necessity is most definitely the mother of invention!

A 15 point rise in the SFI from last year really made a difference.  Jon worked
many loud EUs on 15m Saturday morning and our mult total reflects it.  EU has
been a struggle the last few years on this band, so this was a good sign.
Bring on the sun spots!

Thank you to all that worked us.  We hope to see you again in CQ WW CW.

73 de Mitch, K7RL