[3830] CQWW SSB K1BX SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Nov 2 16:52:43 PDT 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K1BX
Operator(s): K1BX
Station: K1BX

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NH

  160:   27     7       11
   80:  134    16       54
   40:  176    21       68
   20:  496    31      101
   15:  841    31       95
   10:  108    13       27

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

At times my low antennas were too high. That is a much easier problem to fix
than the opposite. I had 100+ ten meter QSOs on Saturday. It is fun to work all
the SA stations. They are very patient/polite and enjoy each contact. I worked
more SA stations on the low bands this time than I remember.

I was up 200 QSOs over 2009 after 24 hours. Kind of coasted through Sunday as
condx were not as good. Conditions on 80/160 were not good until late Saturday
night. Even worked some good low band mults Sunday evening. On 20 I worked
several countries I had never heard from this QTH - all in Asia. 15 was much
like 20 meters has been - crowded.

Was good to here K1RX fully staffed and all over the bands. 25 years ago in
this test I operated from DL0WH as I was living in DL. I don't think they were
on this year. I missed my yearly QSO with Volker, DF7IT (SK 2009).

On three occasions a US station took my FQ on 20 meters. Each time they were
exactly on my FQ and could hear me. Backscatter was loud. These guys are never
W1's. Having lived and contested from CA, MS and SD, I know what it's like
trying to get through...but I like K5TR's comments. And he still wins.

Thanks to all of the volunteers that process the logs. I remember the paper
logs N6CW would check back in the 80's. What a difference today. I have
received my plaque from 2007. No sign of 2008 or 2009. I even renewed my CQ
subscription for 3 years. Thanks to the sponsor anyway.

1 down 3 to go. - art