[3830] CQWW SSB VY2ZM(K1ZM) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Nov 6 03:17:28 PDT 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VY2ZM
Operator(s): K1ZM
Station: VY2ZM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: PEI

  160:  366    17       67
   80:  662    21       82
   40: 1020    29       97
   20: 1505    36      105
   15: 2306    32      110
   10:   57    14       28

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

You gotta be NUTS to do this....

I had chest surgery at 10AM on the Tuesday before the test.

I checked out of the hospital at Noon and then drove 16 hours to PEI arriving
Wed morning early.

Did some station setup with my wife connecting cables on the floor because I
could not bend over to reach them. No way I could have managed that....

Got only a single hour of sleep before the contest on Friday because some
things in the station did not work right and it took almost two days to figure
out what was wrong.

Operated with a huge tension bandage around my chest (to keep my guts in) for
44 hours - stopping only twice for a wee nap so I could finish the contest.

Mighty pleased with my score - as it is 5% better than my previous personal
best.

You gotta be nuts to do this - CERTIFIABLE in fact - but hey, this is the CQWW
SSB CONTEST!

Congrats to N5TJ, ES5TV and 4L0A for their fine scores - and thanks to all my
old friends who called in to say hello. It was much appreciated!!

Hope to CU on CW mode in three weeks,

73 JEFF  VY2ZM/K1ZM

K1ZM at aol.com