[3830] CQWW SSB PY2SEX SOAB(A) LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 7 07:04:11 PST 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: PY2SEX
Operator(s): PY2SEX
Station: PY2SEX

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Campinas

  160:    3     2        2
   80:    4     2        2
   40:  229    32       77
   20:  125    31       48
   15: 1166    34      110
   10:  592    25       67

Club: Rio DX Group

Comments:

Really nice contest... I have started all my stuff and tested before the
contest, My rotor started to show some issue to keeping working and I climbed
my tower to check it and backed it to work.
I Started the contest kinda little bit lost, and the USB interface started show
some issues and I loose the connection to N1MM all the time, so I decided to
turn my Jurassic Desktop on and connect to the serial port, more confident
about that.
After the issues resolved, time to start to scream on the air. As S&P at
begining was really cool but too much suffering, the most incredible was that
some times I kept screaming for some Station and not to other, so I thought
this guys must be with a high QRM like I have here. My QRM on 10, 15 and 20m
started with S7 just because my antenna were pointed to NA and to North
Pacific, at morning when turned to Europe 10m was crazy! S 9 10 QRM. That was a
P.I.T.A.!! Keeping the S&P on 15 at morning I started to get some EU stations
but still witha hard QRM aroun S7, suddenly I started to hear USA strongly and
my antenna was just to EU, I backed antenna to NA and "tada!!" A amazing
pile-up, I think this is one fo the reasons that I still get in contest, is
really nice to speed up yours QSOs and getting so nice rate. The other
wonderfull thing is work some new ones on the band or mode. The end of first
day my Rotor command started to not show the correct direction any more and a
hard storm hit my city for an half hour or so.
I turned everithing off and take a break, all the time to turn antenna I had to
open my window and see the exactly direction was it. Like always 20m was too bad
for me, lost a lot of entities and zones, 40m let me disapointed because I
always can get nice mults there and this time I even couldn't work the Zone 29
on any band.. I heard on 20m but a LU stations was so close that would be
imnpossible to get the VK's reply.
10m was a lovely surpise and gave me my best rate ever, 205 Qso/hr, was my best
rate ever. I can't forget about all kidding in the air thansk to my Call sign,
everybody loves it. I don't care if I'm in the middle of a pile-up dong a nice
rate and someone just came to me and make a joke with my call sign, I really
don't, like I alaways say, CONTEST IS FUN!!! If I wanna be stressed I just back
to my office and work. All ham activity give me pleasure and satisfaction to be
on it, I like DX and Contest and stayed away for long time was really hard to
me.
My goals were 2k QSO and some mults on each band as shown below:

Band.....Zn...CTY
10m......30...70
15m......35...100
20m......35...100
40m......37...100
80m......2....2
160......1....1

That was my best performance ever, and I was completely alone at my shack, I
liked the Multi operation on WAE last time on PR1T, is easier to get beer on
your desk all the time, but alone.. nah... You must get up and go get it, the
same to try eat something...

Entire log is on LoTW already as always, I hope to see you guys on CQWW CW.

Sorry my English...

BTW... I wanna to thanks the smartest Ham Operator, ES5TV. He was polite all
the time with the "dumb dupers". I'm so shamed to have worked him as dupe.
Sorry for this so bad incovinience and probably making you loose so much
important QSOs and win the contest. I will pay more attention next time Sir.

********** For me Ham radio is fun, nothing besides that, The day I have to get
pissed off, stressed or angry because anything related to radio, so I must stop
it and look for some new hobby, maybe Fishing! **********

PY2SEX, Alex
email: py2sex at gmail.com
Twitter: /py2sex