[3830] CQWW SSB HG6N M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 7 14:05:22 PST 2010

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: HG6N
Operator(s): HA1AG HA2NA HA3OV HA6ON HA6ND HA6NY
Station: HG6N

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Karancs
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  294    12       60
   80:  471    21       92
   40: 1054    36      128
   20: 1802    37      136
   15: 1446    39      149
   10:   82    25       67

Beautiful weather over the whole weekend on the hill, it's too bad that the
condx did not follow. We had high expectations for 10m as well as long 15m
evening runs however they did not happen.

80m was a failure. Not only that we only possess a dipole here but even that
single antenna decided to fall off right on Saturday evening.

40m is crazy. I wonder what is needed in EU to keep a freq here? The craziest
of I2VRN who had a shitty signal here (followed by IW2LLH) and he worked split
right in the middle of the uppermost 25 kHz.

20m was like a British pub: lots of fun while it was open, but it closed way
too early.

15m produced the best runs lots of mults. It is usually our money band with the
the 6 ele Yagi right at the edge of the cliff and we had no problems to keep
prime frequencies.

10m: what meters? a combination of Tropo, MS and some weak Es. Working 4B2S in
total darkness was a surprise.

160m: dipole on organic towers
80m: dipole on organic towers
40m: hb9cv
20m: 2 x 5 ele yagi
15m: 6 ele yagi
10m: 4 el, 5 el yagi

Run: 2 x K3 interlocked
Mult: ts-950 with om-pwr pa (According to the old Warsaw Pact design doctrine:
"everything with a handle is portable" made it up to the hill for this
occassion)

In nutshell it was great to meet up again, and we had lots of fun (and food!)
together but SSB sucks big time. The Code is the mode !!

zoli ha1ag