[3830] SS CW KI9A SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 7 17:21:02 PST 2010

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: KI9A
Operator(s): KI9A
Station: KI9A

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: IL

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Ugh.

A nice, minimum S9 line noise was with me all weekend, sometimes peaking at 10
over. Could only hack 13 hrs of this. Luckily, the power co is coming tomorrow,
to help scope this out. I think I know the issue, I can see slight arcing of a
lightning arrestor on a pole nearby.

Still, I managed 2 hours of 100 q's, well, one 98, one 102. I fear for my LCR
on this one. SORRY to all I didn't hear, or, asked for fills. Just some
outstanding signals on 40 & 80 this weekend. I have been looking at the reverse
beacon site, looking at the compare signal tool, to see how I stacked up with
other instate guys.  Pretty cool to see a snapshot of how you stack up.

I worked many calls I am not familiar with, this is cool.

Hope to have the noise issue cured for SSB.  Again, sorry for all the fills,
and being a 'gator at times.  Really sucked when VY1EI called me Sunday morning
on 40, but, couldn't finish the deal. Nice that I did snag him later on 15!

73- Chuck KI9A

Rig: ICOM 756P3
Amp: Heath SB1000 @ 500w
Antennas: Cushcraft A3 @ 25', 135' long open wire fed dipole @ 50', Radioworks