[3830] SS CW K7BG Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 7 21:01:30 PST 2010

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K7BG
Operator(s): K7BG
Station: K7BG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MT
Operating Time (hrs): 23:57

Club: Northern Rockies DX Association

Comments:

Had a blast the last month or three rebuilding rotors, putting up another tower,
tramming antennas, putting ends on CATV feedline, splicing long runs of
switching cable and all the other assorted chores that are so dang much fun
when a goal is in mind. I think it paid off. My main goal when I started this
crazy hobby was to always try to out do personal records. I think I at least
did that this time around. I had always had a goal of making 200k points low
power. I doubt I’ll make it after log checking, but it looks good for now.
This was also the first time I had more 40 meter Qs than on 20. Fifteen seemed
not ready for prime time from this far inland yet.

Thanks to K0ITC for calling in from Nebraska for my last one for the sweep.
Also thanks to Eric, VY1EI for being there, as well as VO1TA for making the
sweep possible. I think we should have at least 5000 Qs handed out from
Montana. It ain’t rare anymore folks!

Call me crazy,  but the Sunday slog is a lot of fun in a strange warped way. It
takes real effort to keep the rate from tanking. I guess that’s why we do
this.

Word 2 the Father!

Mattâ€"K7BG