[3830] SS CW N5QQ(@KC5FU) Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 8 05:10:10 PST 2010

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N5QQ
Operator(s): N5QQ
Station: KC5FU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NTX

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Yes, I forgot to check about the starting time.....duh....!

80m was fun Sat night, thanks to W5WW coming out and setting 80m beverage.
Ditto Gator's comments > 20m was CROWDED; heard NL Sunday morning very weak on
15m but the RAGING pileup ran me off. So got 79, no broom for me!

Just ran out of gas Sunday 1pm as things slowed down for me, so closed up shop
and pulled the plug(s) at 821 Q's....

Station antennas and Phidget controlled antenna scheme worked great..

First time to try N1MM fully configured for SO2r. Even tried K5MR's macro for
HotKey and F12 stuff....It'll do eveything if you canmamange it!

MURPHY: Made mistake of waiting till 2 hours before contest to turn on PC and
update N1MM in my old TRLog WIN98 machine. Yes it failed, someting to do with
WININET.dll missing lost or confused. So lost everything on that PC. Pulled out
an ancient (800mhz) spare WIN XP Machine and kept the 10.5.2ver of N1MM as is!
Worked fine, whew...but no serial ports, no 2nd monitor, yadda yadda!

Equip:
Two K3's and two QRO2500's.

ron
n5qq