[3830] SS CW WX0B(K5GA) Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 8 06:00:16 PST 2010

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WX0B
Operator(s): K5GA
Station: WX0B

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ntx

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

The total Qs will go down some for dupes in log.

I need to quit trying to win until I figure out why I always fall behind 50+ Qs
in the first hours only to have to fight to catch up. Maybe my age has caught up
with me. Or I simply don't know how to transistion from 20 to 40 to 80 properly.
Will ya help me out Gator ??? !!!  :-)

Missed VO for the sweep. This is the first time for me to miss after many many
years. As others have reported, I listned patiently for VO1TA to come out of
the mud on 15 but he never did and the pile up drove him off. To see others
report a VO had called them otherwise is disheartening. I am CQing always while
listening on the 2nd radio...how could I not get one in log  :-) !!

First time for me to use N1MM. Bye bye TRlog, I loved you for so long but time
has come to lay you to rest. I had a few hick-ups getting the RX and TX focus
together and getting the cursor in the callsign field, but overall, I like it.
Thanks to Roy AD5Q for helping me get acquainted with it and sharing his tips
and hints. There was an issue with PTT keying the K3 when using the CTRLFn
feature that added some fast finger moving on the keyboard to get around. I'm
sure it's something simple that I didn't figure out in time for the contest.

Melanie and I love our November tradition at WX0B each year. The music and
radio play well. Thanks to Sharon and Jay for their superb hospitality and
friendship. 73, Bill K5GA