[3830] SS CW N8UM Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 8 06:43:05 PST 2010

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N8UM
Operator(s): N8UM
Station: N8UM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TN

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

My goal was to operate 24 hours and work 700 Q's on 80 meters.  I did all the
right things.  Got plenty of sleep, no adult beverages, finally got a good key
interface (WinKey) and got the wife a new Binford 9900 XXXL Sewing Station with
optional software and convienent multi-level workstation.

I gave up rate just to say I had 400 Q's on 80 meters.  Observations include
alot of QRP stations and many many Checks of 53-59.  Possibly they were
operating memorial stations or they were child prodigys...

No noise on lower bands and I echo W2VJN's comment about operating in a tunnel.
 No frequency fights.

Nice to hear 15 doing well on Sunday afternoon.

My station is in the family room so I placed a mirror to watch the fireplace
and the TV.  The reverse image was comforting.  It made it look like Michigan
won BIG in a close one and made it look like Green Bay embarrassd the Cowboys.